During the month of February, we achieved many things. While
being split into two groups, one group worked on the car, and the other worked
on the documentation and the purchasing of parts. The group working on the car
has made much progress with minor complications. For example, the first time we
placed on the roll cage, we had to cut it off because we didn’t have it angled
correctly and couldn’t put the necessary support on it. It seems our biggest
complication has been time. We have lots to do in a very small amount of time.
Currently, our axle is in a machine shop along with our rear wheel being splined.
It seems another problem we have is waiting for the parts we need to come in.
Our documentation crew has been hard at work trying to find the correct parts
that we need, which just that alone has been a challenge. For many days, we
were trying to locate a bearing that seemed like no one manufactured. Well,
after talking to a very helpful specialist, we discovered that the part couldn’t
be made, that the metal for the bearing would be too thin to withstand the
correct torque. Consequently, this required us to re-engineer our wheel and
braking system which takes even more of our precious time. As you can see, it
has been a busy month, and only proved how much more work we still need to get